What Can Hair Analysis Reveal?
WHAT IS A TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS?
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body's tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or biounavailability.
Examples: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium level two or three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists for arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to calcium placques).
If your calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward osteoporosis (demineralization of bone), increased tendency to bone fractures, dental caries, periodontal disease, muscle cramps, etc.
Various mineral imbalances, as revealed by hair analysis frequently lead to metabolic dysfunctions before any symptoms become manifest.
OTHER CONDITIONS WHICH MAY RESULT OR BE AGGRAVATED BY A MINERAL IMBALANCE ARE:
- Hair Loss
- Anemia Disorders
- Skin Rashes
WHY TEST FOR MINERALS?
Minerals are the "sparkplugs" of life. They are involved in almost all enzyme reactions within the body. Without enzyme activity. life ceases to exist. A trace mineral analysis is preventive as well as being useful as a screening tool.
WHO NEEDS A HAIR ANALYSIS?
Anyone who is found ill and no explanation can be found, or when the cause seems to be found but the therapy is not wholly effective. Hair analysis opens up a whole new vista for' the solving of your own particular problem by recognizing your biochemical individuality.
Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes in body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies may result in early, subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spots in fingernails — indicates a possible zinc deficiency.
- Longitudinal ridging in nails — indicates an iron deficiency.
- Brittle hair and nails — calcium and copper imbalance.
- Deep grooves across nails — calcium deficiency.
- Stretch marks — zinc deficiency.
- Lack of growth — zinc deficiency.
- Mood swings — possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium.
The above indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
COMMON CAUSES OF A MINERAL IMBALANCE
- Improper diet — such as excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars, strict vegetarian diets or other exclusive diets.
- Taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current body chemistry.
- Birth control pills.
- Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby.
- Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents.
Hair analysis is an invaluable screening tool which allows a correct program of diet and supplementation to be designed for each individual's specific needs. Never before has there been available a metabolic blueprint with such a degree of applicable scientific accuracy.
For further information, see your doctor, or nutritional consultant.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Women's pre-menstrual headaches are often caused by too much copper in their system?
- Arthritis pain can be caused by lead cadmium, or mercury poisoning?
- Eating the wrong diet can contribute to conditions such as constipation, diverriculosis, and even heart disease?
- Taking too much of any one vitamin or mineral can be harmful?
- Too much vitamin C can actually make an infection worse, in certain metabolic types?
- Hair analysis is the most efficient means of determining exactly what vitamins and minerals you do need?
- Adolescent acne can be caused by lead, or copper poisoning, as well as a zinc deficiency?
- Approximately 80% of our population lack the necessary enzymes and natural stomach acids to digest their food?
- Hyperactive children often have too much lead in their systems?
- Obesity is frequently caused by chronic blood sugar problems?
- Mercury toxicity in the mother's system can kill her unborn child?
- Magnesium supplements may prevent brain damage of alcoholics?
- The male prostate gland contains more zinc than any other organ in the body?
- Because of this. adequate zinc levels are important for male potency.
- Diuretics. often prescribed for patients with high blood pressure and heart trouble, can decrease your potassium supply?
DID YOU KNOW?
• High blood pressure and strokes may be caused by too much sodium chloride (salt)?
• Many baby foods contain too much salt?
• High levels of copper and iron in the body tissue can cause migraine headaches, and even schizophrenia?
• Adequate zinc intake helps to regulate blood sugar levels?
• Lead toxicity is linked to multiple sclerosis?
• Zinc deficiency can retard bone development and produce malformed sex organs?
• Doctors often diagnose heart attacks by the amount of the mineral manganese in the body?
• Chromium, magnesium, manganese and vitamin B6 deficiency are related to diabetes?
• Vitamin C, the B Complex, zinc and manganese are being used to treat schizophrenia?
• Vitamin B2. folic acid, vitamin E, zinc and chromium are important for users of birth control pills?
• Magnesium deficiency is related to epilepsy. leukemia, heart disease and kidney disorders?
• As many as 250.000 women in the U.S. at any given time may be suffering from iron deficiency anemia?
• Beryllium, lead, cadmium, nickel and arsenic poisoning con cause cancer?
• The mineral lithium is being used to alleviate many of the problems associated with manic-depressive illness?
■ The Biology of the Trace Elements - Karl Schulte - J B Lippincott
■ Clinical Significance of the Essential Biological Metals - I J I Davies -
Charles C. Thomas
■ Minerals: Kill or Cure? - Adams & Murray
■ Mental and Elemental Nutrients - Carl C. Pfeiffer - Keats
■ Trace Substances in Environmental Health - VI & VII - University of Missouri
■ Trace Elements in Health and Disease - Vol. 1 & II - Academic Press
■ Selenium - National Academy of Sciences
■ Trace Substances and Health - Part I - Paul M. Newberne